The AC-EX70-UHD-BKT is a 70 meter HDMI via HDBaseT receiver over single CAT-6a/7 UTP/STP.
The AC-EX70-UHD-BKT is the basic 4K extender kit from AVPro Edge, but with features like bi-directional power, RS-232 and IR control and the ability to handle 4K at 10.2Gbps, this extender is anything but basic. You are able to pass 1080p HDMI signals 70 meters and 4K HDMI signal 40 meters all over readily available CAT-6a cable using HDBaseT technology. This product is the ideal solution when you need a stable 4K HDMI signal distributed long distances. It solves problems for both commercial and residential markets for distributing high value 4K UHD content from rack to display. This is the basic extender kit from AVPro Edge, it’s has limited HDR and Dolby support. If you are wanting an extender that handles these more advanced signals, please look into the “444” line of extender products.
The HDMI extender is the most commonly used product inside video distribution channels. Commonly referred to as a balun, these tools allow integrators to take a video signal and run it anywhere throughout the installation via category cable. Extenders are used in installations from home theaters and multi zoned installations to auditoriums, stadium and college campuses. AVPro has an entire family of extension products you can find here.
KEY BENEFITS OF USING THE AC-EX70-UHD-BKT:
1) Extend 4K HDMI over Category Cable ~ The length of manufactured HDMI cable is unchangeable after it is made and they are unreliable after about 25FT. Additionally, HDMI connectors can only be terminated in specialized factory environment due to its extremely high frequencies and high density. This does not allow installers or users to remake or make cables on a DIY basis. CAT 6A cables are available widely and can be reworked easily by the installer or end-user.
2) Distance ~ By using AC-EX70-UHD-KIT, the transmission distance for HD 1080P is up to 70 meters (230’) and UHD 4K resolution the distance reaches an impressive 40 meters (115’).
3) Cascade ~ AC-EX70-UHD-BKT features HDMI signal equalization and amplification. This allows for a “daisy chain” of AC-EX70-UHD-BTK extenders for extremely long distance transmission. Up to 8 layers with HDCP and using your own non-HDCP content, unlimited!
4) Control ~ IR & RS-232 are bi-directional and can control the sources from the sinks or vice versa.
5) Bi-Directional Power ~ PoH (Power over HDBaseT) function is intended to power RX from the TX or TX from the RX, this gives the installer many options when a power outlet can be scarce.
6) Field Updates ~ Should a firmware update be necessary it can be accomplished in the field, no need to swap and send in products for updates.
The AC-EX70-UHD-BKT from AVPro Edge is designed to give a very affordable option in HDMI extension. This is our most basic HDMI extender, meaning it doesn’t have the features you would find in our other models. Ethernet, ARC, eARC, USB, Audio Extraction, I-Pass IR, and longer distances with 4K are all features we have in our other extenders. When you buy this basic model, understand that it does NOT come with these features. For our full line up of extension products, please click here.
4K EXTENDER APPLICATIONS:
- Point to point HDMI extension; source in one room, display in the other.
- As an add-on to any matrix switch for long distance zone coverage.
- To carry the control signals (IR/RS232) for third party control integration for turning components on and off and switching channels, etc.
- For retrofit jobs where there is category cable already run and re-engineering is not an option.
- Cascade for ultra long distances
FULL FEATURE SET
- HDMI 2.0
- 4K60 4:2:0, 4K30 4:4:4
- Supports 3D
- HDCP 2.2 & Earlier
- CEC Pass Through
- 70M (230ft) on 1080P (Cat6a)
- Up to 40m (131ft) on 4K (Cat6a)
- 48v PoH (Power Over HDBaseT, only one Power Supply Needed)
- 3-20v protection circuit built in for safe IR transport
- Bi Directional RS232 Transport
- LED Status, Link, Power indication lights
- Use single UTP/STP LAN cable (CAT-6A) with substitute HDMI cable to achieve long distance transmission.
- Supports uncompressed PCM 2- Ch., LPCM 5.1 & 7.1, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio, Atmos on HDMI
- ESD protection circuitry (Inputs & Outputs) to 7KV
Whats in the box?
- AC-EX70-UHD-BT (Transmitter)
- AC-EX70-UHD-BR (Receiver)
- 48V Power Supply (One supplied as Rx is powered by Tx)
- 1 x IR Tx Unit
- 1 x IR Rx Unit
- 3.5mm stereo plug to male DB9 for RS-232 to serial port
- 3.5mm stereo plug to female DB9 for RS-232 to PC
- Rack Ears