MURIDEO SIX-G 8K HDMI TEST GENERATOR
The 8K SIX-G: An HDMI 8K Signal Generator
Everyone’s favorite HDMI test device received an 8K overhaul. The 8K SIX-G from Murideo is beyond a test pattern generator. It is an essential tool for anyone working with HDMI. Able to produce video signals up to 40Gbps allowing you to test any 8K capable HDMI product, including 8K TVs, sources, AVR’s, and projectors.
- Ideal for Modern Display Calibration
- 40Gbps Maximum Bandwidth
- 8K60 (4:2:0) 10-bit
- Full HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG support
- EDID Read Functionality
- Imaging Science Foundation Certified
The Murideo 8K SIX-G is an HDMI pattern generator intended for the AV integration market to confirm HDMI 2.0(b) and HDCP 2.3 operation at the 40Gbps level. This device can create a signal that allows it to act as any modern HDMI source. Additionally, the SIX-G is an excellent field troubleshooting tool for distributed high bandwidth HDMI systems and a reference source for video calibration.
The handheld device is portable thanks to a built-in battery and can generate over 100 different test patterns for setup, calibration, and troubleshooting. There’s a three-inch color display with simplified menus as well as free PC control software. The 8K SIX-G also features Hot Plug Detect, EDID read/write functionality, and the ability to create custom resolutions. There’s the option for either RS232 or USB control and support for Calman and Light Illusion calibration software. The 8K SIX-G is the only unit to carry the complete suite of ISF test patterns, select-able color output level, RGB Triplets, and Constant APL (Average Picture Level) all in one place. The 8K SIX-G is a calibrator’s dream because it’s: ISF Labs certified, the firmware is field upgradable, and it even includes audio confidence tests.
Pair the 8K SIX-G with the 8K SIX-A Analyzer, and you have the most powerful HDMI system troubleshooting system on the planet! You can upload any image/pattern you want. The uploader will store the pattern in one of the ten available “slots” for recall later. It will even upload the thumbnail to the LCD screen. It supports .jpeg, .png, .bin and .bmp.
You can access the Pattern Uploader & Library at our new, consolidated downloads page.
8K SIX-G Features:
- HDMI 2.1 Support
- 8K@60 4:2:0 10-bit Maximum Resolution
- Fixed Rate Link (FRL)
- Color Space Selectable
- Full Range RGB (0-255)
- SMPTE RGB (16-235)
- YC444, 422, 420 (16-235)
- Auto Detect (read EDID – display preferred format)
- High Bit Depth – 8, 10, 12, and 16 bit per pixel support
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Support
- Multiple HDR Memories
- HDR 10, 10+
- Dolby Vision testing
- Custom HDR Memory
- BT. 2020 Wide Color Gamut (WCG) Support
- HDCP Content Type Selectable
- Type 0 – Type 0 content can pass over any version of HDCP ( 1.X or 2.X) – like 1080P – all 1080P content is type 0.
- Type 1 – Type 1 content requires mandatory HDCP 2.2 – will not pass over any 1.X infrastructure. Most 4K UHD movies at type 1.
- Full 10-Bit RGB Triplet Generator (0-1024 RGB)
- HDCP Selectable – Off, HDCP 2.2 or HDCP 1.X
- Hot Plug Detect Indicator
- ISF Labs Certified
- EDID Read and Save functionality
- Multiple EDID Memories
- Read and Display EDID (short form on device, long form on PC)
- Emulate any display
- USB Control and free PC software
- API (Application Programming Interface) Available
- Reference Source / Auto-Control for Calman, Light Illusion, and Argyll color calibration software.
- Portable – Battery Operated > Rechargeable batteries included make field troubleshooting much easier.
- Optimized Ergonomics – 3” LCD display and simple menu system makes SIX-G very user friendly
- ISF Test Patterns including contrast, brightness, color, tint, sharpness and more
- Multi-cultural family pattern for verifying flesh tones
- Pattern Uploader
- 4K 1:78 (16×9) Geometry Patterns in all 4K frame rates
- Includes audio confidence test tones > to make sure audio is active on the HDMI line
720P 3D (59.94)
720P 3D (50)
720P 3D (60)
1080P 3D (23.98)
1080P 3D (24)
1080P (60)4K Video:
SMPTE 4K (23.98)
SMPTE 4K (24)
SMPTE 4K (25)
SMPTE 4K (29.97)
SMPTE 4K (30)
SMPTE 4K (24)
SMPTE 4K (50)
SMPTE 4K (59.9)
SMPTE 4K (60)
*SMPTE 4K = 4096×2160
**4K = 3840×2160
Audio Sample Rates:
|Dimensions||14 × 12 × 6 in|