HDMI over Fiber Optic Cable Extender
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelization and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-FO-HD replaces a traditional HDMI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending audio and video signals up to 1,000 feet. Simply connect the TL-FO-HD transmitter to your source device (often a switcher, matrix, DVD player or cable box), connect the TL-FO-HD receiver to your destination device (often a display or projector), connect the two units with a fiber optic patch cord (sold separately), and connect the power supplies.
Unlike boosters or twisted pair extenders, the TL-FO-HD uses fiber optic technology that is immune to outside electrical interference and will better future-proof your facility.
- Transmit HDMI audio & video over a single fiber optic patch cable
- Built-in LC connectors on both the transmitter & receiver
- Male HDMI connectors for direct connection to devices
- Extend 1080p up to 1,300 ft. (400m)
- Extend 4K@30 up to 1,000 ft. (300m)
- Single or multimode fiber compatible
- Powered via USB or standard AC
- Immune to RF & EM interference
- Run a fiber optic patch cord with LC connectors (see TL-FOMM-LCLC) between your source device and destination device.
- Plug the TL-FO-HD transmitter (included in the package) directly into the HDMI output port of your source device.
- Plug the TL-FO-HD receiver (included in the package) directly into the HDMI input port of your destination device.
- Connect the fiber optic patch cord with LC connectors (see TL-FOMM-LCLC) to the input ports on the TL-FO-HD transmitter and receiver.
- Connect power cords (included in the package) to the PWR ports on the TL-FO-HD transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power cords (included in the package) to an AC outlet or power source.
What comes in the package?
Each TL-FO-HD package includes one transmitter, one receiver, two power supplies, and an installation guide.
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?
The maximum recommended distance for the TL-FO-HD is 1,300 ft. (400m.) for 1080p video and 1,000 ft. (300m.) for 4K@30 video. We don’t recommend sending signals further, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications.
Do I need to power the unit?
Yes, both the TL-FO-HD transmitter and receiver require power. Power cables and power supplies are included.
Do I need to use AC power, or can I use USB power?
The TL-FO-HD can be powered via USB, which is very convenient if your source or destination device have USB outputs. Just make sure the USB power output supports a 5VDC / 1A connection.
Do I need to purchase a premade fiber optic patch cable, or can I use the cable I already have?
We offer premade patch cables that are certified for performance, but you don’t need to use them. Any bulk multimode or single mode cable terminated with LC connectors will work (provided you terminate and test the cable correctly).
I noticed fiber technology is more expensive than other technologies, is it worth it?
We think so. Fiber is immune to interference and supports way more bandwidth than copper-based technologies. This results in better overall performance and future-proofs your installation for single formats in the coming years. Trust us, you don’t want to have to pull a different cable when next year’s displays come out.
Do you offer a warranty on this device?
We sure do. It’s a standard one year limited warranty.