HDMI 2.0 & Control over Two Fiber Optic Cable Extender
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelization and a host of other signal and performance problems. Enter TechLogix fiber optic extenders. This cutting-edge technology future-proofs installations by offering industry-leading signal quality and bandwidth transmission. Plus, unlike copper HDMI cables and twisted pair extenders, fiber is immune to RF and EM interference ensuring performance for years to come.
- Transmit HDMI and control up to 1,000 ft. (300m) over multimode fiber optic cabling
- Supports bi-directional IR or RS232 (selectable via dip switch)
- Supports full 18G 4K@60 4:4:4 8 bit HDMI
- Supports multichannel audio including 7.1 DTS Master HD and Dolby TrueHD
- HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HDR compatible
- Swappable SFP+ module for longer distance applications
- Requires duplex fiber (two strands)
- LC fiber connectors
- Automatic compression/decompression of signals above 3 Gbps per channel (9 Gbps total)
- Requires power at both the transmitter and receiver
- Locking power supply
- Immune to RF and EM interference
- Run a fiber optic cable with duplex LC connectors between your source device and destination device.
- Connect the TL-FO2-HDC transmitter (included in the package) to the HDMI output port of your source device using a high-quality HDMI cable. Optionally connect IR or RS232 control cables.
- Connect the TL-FO2-HDC receiver (included in the package) to the HDMI input port of your destination device using a high-quality HDMI cable. Optionally connect IR or RS232 control cables.
- If using control, select IR or RS232 via the dip switch on the transmitter and receiver. The dip switches on both the transmitter and receiver must be set to the same setting.
- Connect the fiber optic cable with duplex LC connectors to the fiber ports on the TL-FO2-HDC transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power supplies (included in the package) to the 12V power ports on the TL-FO2-HDC transmitter and receiver.
- Power on the units.
What comes in the package?
Each TL-FO2-HDC package includes one transmitter, one receiver, two power supplies, and mounting hardware.
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?
The maximum recommended distance for the TL-FO2-HDC is 1,000 ft. (300m) regardless of video resolution. We don’t recommend sending signals further, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications, with the factory supplied SFP+ modules. Please contact TechLogix directly for compatible GBICs for longer distances or different fiber types (such as single mode).
Do I need to power the unit?
Yes, both the TL-FO2-HDC transmitter and receiver require power. Power cables and power supplies are included.
I noticed fiber technology is more expensive than other technologies, is it worth it?
We think so. Fiber is immune to interference and supports way more bandwidth than copper-based technologies. This results in better overall performance and future-proofs your installation for single formats in the coming years. Trust us, you don’t want to have to pull a different cable when next year’s displays come out.