HDMI 2.0 & Control over Two Fiber Optic Cable Extender
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelation and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-FO2-VLC replaces a traditional HDMI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending audio and video signals up to 10km. Simply connect the TL-FO2-VLC transmitter to your source device (often a switcher, matrix, DVD player or cable box), connect the TL-FO2-VLC receiver to your destination device (often a display or projector), connect the two units with a fiber optic patch cord (sold separately), and connect the power supplies.
Unlike boosters or twisted pair extenders, the TL-FO2-VLC uses fiber optic technology that is immune to outside electrical interference and will better future-proof your facility.
The TL-FO2-VLC comes in two variations:
- The TL-FO2-VLC-MM is compatible with multimode fiber (OM3/4/5) and has a distance limit of 300m (984′).
- The TL-FO2-VLC-SM is compatible with single mode fiber (OS2) and has a distance limit of of 10km (6.2 miles).
- Transmit HDMI and control up to 984 ft. (300m) over multimode or 10km (6.2mi) over single mode fiber optic cabling
- Supports bi-directional IR or RS232 (selectable via dip switch)
- Supports full 18G 4K@60 4:4:4 8 bit HDMI
- Supports multichannel audio including 7.1 DTS Master HD and Dolby TrueHD
- HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HDR compatible
- Swappable SFP+ module for longer distance applications
- Requires duplex fiber (two strands)
- LC fiber connectors
- Automatic compression/decompression of signals above 3 Gbps per channel (9 Gbps total)
- Requires power at both the transmitter and receiver
- Locking power supply
- Immune to RF and EM interference
- Run a fiber optic cable with duplex LC connectors between your source device and destination device.
- Connect the TL-FO2-VLC transmitter (included in the package) to the HDMI output port of your source device using a high-quality HDMI cable. Optionally connect IR or RS232 control cables.
- Connect the TL-FO2-VLC receiver (included in the package) to the HDMI input port of your destination device using a high-quality HDMI cable. Optionally connect IR or RS232 control cables.
- If using control, select IR or RS232 via the dip switch on the transmitter and receiver. The dip switches on both the transmitter and receiver must be set to the same setting.
- Connect the fiber optic cable with duplex LC connectors to the fiber ports on the TL-FO2-VLC transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power supplies (included in the package) to the 12V power ports on the TL-FO2-VLC transmitter and receiver.
- Power on the units.
What comes in the package?
Each TL-FO2-VLC package includes one transmitter, one receiver, one IR emitter, one IR receiver, and two power supplies.
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?
The maximum distance for the TL-FO2-VLC is 300m on multimode or 10km on single mode cable, regardless of video resolution. We don’t recommend sending signals further, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications.
Do I need to power the unit?
Yes, both the TL-FO2-VLC transmitter and receiver require power. Power cables and power supplies are included.
I noticed fiber technology is more expensive than other technologies, is it worth it?
We think so. Fiber is immune to interference and supports way more bandwidth than copper-based technologies. This results in better overall performance and future-proofs your installation for single formats in the coming years. Trust us, you don’t want to have to pull a different cable when next year’s displays come out.
|Dimensions||10 × 6 × 2 in|
10Gb Multi Mode – 300m, 10Gb Single Mode – 10Km