AVPro Edge AC-EXUSB-2-KIT USB 2.0 via HDBaseT 100 Meter Extender
USB 2.0 via HDBaseT 100 Meter Extender
- USB 2.0 up to 100 Meters
- Standard Category Cable (Cat5e or better)
- Support for Zoom and Microsoft teams
- Support for USB Cameras including Logitech’s BRIO
- Small form factor Chassis
- USB Host on Transmitter and 4 USB inputs on Receiver
AVPro Edge’s engineering team has taken the technology used to send taxing HDMI signals and applied it to this USB extender. This USB extender kit comes with two parts, a transmitter unit, and a receiver unit. When you connect these two ends with any standard category cable, you can transfer USB signals with almost zero latency from end to end. Long USB cables are cumbersome and expensive. By converting the signal to a category cable, we can deliver these signals long distances without interrupting the dataflow. We can offer this stable solution by using HDBaseT technology.
With the wide use of remote conferencing, working at home, and the almost universal adoption of Zoom and Teams, solutions are needed for the stable transfer of audio/video signals over a USB pipeline. Now you have the ideal distance connection for your web camera, display/smartboard, keyboard/mouse, or other USB devices.
We built this extender to work with A/V over USB, but that doesn’t mean it can’t pass other types of USB signals. Audio/Video can carry a lot of data; it is a much more taxing signal than sending an email or surfing the internet. So, this unit has been optimized for the amount of data that can pass through. This, in turn, works out for every other USB signal allowing you to send keyboard commands, connect to remote hard drives, and many more options than just extending your USB camera feed.
Key benefits of using AC-EXUSB-2-KIT:
- Extend USB Signals: The USB 2.0 Specification only allows for signals to travel 16ft 5inches and remain stable. With this solution you bump that up to 328 feet! This allows you to keep computers and other USB devices in secure locations.
- Use Category Cable that is already installed: Today’s data rates are larger than ever, many times calling for more expensive cables. With AVPro Edge’s USB 2.0 Extender you can still use Cat 5e, a cable found throughout most construction builds since the early 2000s.
- Built in USB Hub: Extend four signals at once with the built in USB hub, meaning you can have 2 mics, 2 cameras. Or you could have a keyboard, mouse, camera and a mic all connected at the same time, and each one would be as if it was directly connected to your computer.
- Power over Ethernet: You only need to power one end of this signal extension set, with Power over Ethernet (POE) the power travels over the same category cable, along side your data, delivering a power to the other end.
- Optimized for Teams and Zoom: Many USB connections are not able to handle the high data rate that comes from steaming and conferencing audio and video files at the same time, needing to be delivered in sync. Our engineers built this solution to reliably deliver any resolution, timing and audio type that is allowed in the USB 2.0 specification, including 4K.
USB EXTENDER APPLICATIONS
Secure Classroom – Keeping your classroom secure is important, with many students having more knowledge of computers than even the teacher, that can be dangerous to securing important data. By keeping your computer in a remote secure location, it allows your IT to decide what can be accessed through a remote USB hub in your classroom. You can use AVPro’s USB Extender to connect that hub and your secure room
Conference Room USB Camera – Many times installers find themselves spending over $1000.00 just to extend the USB signal because the cable that comes with the camera isn’t long enough. Cheaper alternatives never had the stability needed. That changes with this new extender from AVPro Edge, now you can extend Point to Point USB up to 300 feet by using a standard category cable.
Corporate Office Building – Keeping all computers in a secure server room allows total control from your IT department, in today’s age where data is worth more than energy, security is key. Use AVPro’s point to point USB extenders allows you to connect to computers remotely. This increases security at the same time as freeing up space in each office, without taking away functionality.
FULL FEATURE SET
- Full USB 2.0 Support
- 480 Mbps
- Optimized for Microsoft Teams
- Optimized for Zoom
- USB Camera Support
- 100 meters using Category Cable
- Host has USB Type B connection
- USB Hub has Four USB Type A Connections
- Small form chassis for sleek install
|Dimensions||12 × 8 × 4 in|