18Gbps True 4K60 4:4:4, 4×4 Matrix with mirrored HDMI & HDBaseT outputs
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Uncompressed Bandwidth Support on HDMI
- 18 Gbps wit ICT on HDBaseT outputs
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.2 (and all earlier versions supported)
- 1080p > 4K Up Scaling on HDMI outputs
- 4K > 1080P Down Scaling on HDBaseT outputs
- Advanced EDID Management
- IR, RS-232 and LAN Control Options
- Digital Toslink Out (7CH PCM, DD, DD , DTS, DTS-MA)
- Balanced Analog Out (2CH PCM)
- Audio Delay for Digital & Analog Out
- HDBaseT Compatibility mode for mixed systems! (More below)
- Driver Support for Crestron, C4, RTI, ELAN and more!!!
- Extracted Audio Now Supports DD , DTS Master Audio on Toslink
- Extracted Audio Now Has 3 Operating Modes. Bound to Input, Bound to Output, or Independent Matrix
- Built in Test Pattern on Each Output to Verify Infrastructure
This 4×4 Matrix Switcher has dual outputs with HDMI & HDBaseT
The AC-MX44-AUHD-HDBT is a true 4×4 HDMI/HDBaseT matrix switch. This unit includes 4 HDMI inputs, and 4 HDMI/HDBaseT output blocks. These output blocks include a HDBaseT and HDMI port, these ports are mirrored, and both are active. This Matrix supports HDMI 2.0(a/b), HDCP 2.2, up to 4K video resolution, and up to 18 Gbps bandwidth. We are able to pass 18Gbps through category cable by using the new HDBaseT technology we have developed called “ICT”, learn more about ICT below. This switch allows any source (Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray, satellite receiver, game consoles, PCs, etc … ) to be shown on any of the connected displays. This matrix equalizes and amplifies the output to ensure the HDMI signal can be transmitted through long HDMI cables without loss of quality.Audio Delay is “On-Board” so you can manage lip-sync issue before it is a problem. Also with built in Scalers you don’t have to forfeit that 4K signal just because you have a couple older displays. All that with Full EDID management allows maximum flexibility with today’s wide mixture of sources and displays.
This is an ideal solution for digital entertainment centers, HDTV retail, show sites, data centers, schools, conference and training centers and more!
HDBaseT Compatibility Mode (HDBT-C) ~ This EXCLUSIVE AVProConnect technology allows you to convert high bandwidth signals that are between 9 Gbps – 18Gbps like UHD Players, HDR Content, Gaming Systems, PC’s, and Media Players. The conversion uses a proprietary algorithm that impacts the original image a little as possible so you can transmit your HDR and high bandwidth signals over long distance transmission to a display that supports 4K but does not support 18Gbps. Best of all, this is managed on a per output basis so you have complete control over what individual runs are “down-clocked”
ICT Technology on the HDBaseT Outputs ~ ICT(Invisible Compression Technology) is a revolution in HDMI extension technology. This proprietary technology can compress high bandwidth HDMI signals into a more manageable size to fit through a CAT Cable “pipe”. The ICT algorithm can manage all flavors of HDR including 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0 as well as signals up to 18Gbps and 4K 60Hz 4:4:4. The architecture of ICT allows it to be compatible with all chroma subsampling types, color spaces and HDMI Deep Color up to 12 Bit. Our technology is unique because it is truly invisible. It is not only invisible to the human eye, it is invisible to HDMI test gear and other sink devices, what comes in is what goes out. What makes ICT special is that we preserve HDR Metadata and color information and depth in its full, original, integrity. Other compression technologies sacrifice these to save space and it will cause very visible banding, color shifting and motion artifacts in the image.
This technology is backed by extensive testing in side by side comparisons of ICT vs direct connected sources. The setup is two identical displays and a single source. The source is split and sent to both displays, one using ICT and one with an 18Gbps cable. The movie is shown in HDR and evaluators are brought into determine which one is compressed. The results are conclusive, it is invisible. Even to the most trained eye
4K Up/Down Scaling ~ Like other AVProConnect Matrix Switchers this unit comes with scalers built in. You are able to Upscale at the HDMI output 1080p > 4K. With the HDBaseT outputs you are able to scale 4K>1080p. There are limitation to scaling with this unit, you are not able to downscale on the HDMI outputs, and you are not able to upscale on the HDBaseT outputs.
Extreme EDID Management ~ With 29 on board EDID’s, including HDR EDID’s, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. We also have the ability to INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye EDID problems…
Dual Audio De-Embedding ~ NEW FOR 2017! Our unique Audio De-Embedding allows:
- The user can extract 2 Channel PCM audio from each output (Balanced 5-Pin Terminal Block, pre-made conversion to L/R cables available). NOTE: the Analog Port only supports 2CH PCM – for down-mixing check out AC-ADM-AUHD or AC-ADM-COTO
- It features 4 digital optical toslink outputs for with support for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital , DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing options include
- Bind to output (extracted audio witches with the video, this is the default mode)
- Bind to input (extracted audio is fixed to the corresponding input by the same number)
- Independent (extracted audio can be routed however you like and there are commands to allow it to function as a separate matrix)
Audio Delay ~ With the AC-MX44-AUHD-HDBT you can manage audio delay on the balanced or digital outputs per output. This features up to 630ms of delay so your lip sync problems simply vanish. Audio delay can be managed directly from the front panel for ease of use and simple setup with the push of a button.
Built In Test Pattern ~ The unit features an internal test pattern that can be initialized to verify that the infrastructure after the Matrix is in tact. This saves hours of painful troubleshooting, and allows you to identify problems before they become problems. Pattern is per output.
Receiver Options ~ There are two receiver options:
- AC-EX70-444-RNE (Recommended) – Supports full 18Gbps & HDR up to 70 Meters and 100 Meters on 1080P
- AC-EX70-UHD-R – Supports up to 4K 60 4:2:0 (10.2 Gbps) up to 40 Meters and 70 Meters on 1080P (Ideal for non high bandwidth systems)
Matrix Switch Application
- Definition – Matrix switchers provide the ability to route any input to any output or to multiple outputs at any time. Depending on the model, a matrix switcher can route HD, UHD or SUHD content in this manner. Additionally, since most venues have audio zones and video zones the requirement to breakout or strip off the audio in often necessary and has become almost a standard feature on matrix switches.
- Control – Matrix switches are generally controlled via 3rd party controller like Control 4, RTI, Crestron and others. Many integrators want ready made drivers for their control system to make programming and deployment easier.
- Who uses them? – At the heart of almost every custom install is a matrix switch to ease routing and distribution of signals throughout the install including Audio, Video and Control – so, you have a product that can compete on price, performance, compatibility, and control.
- Matrix Switches are used widely in both Commercial and Residential Applications