This is the empty chassis at the base of every AC-MX1616-AUHD-HDBT-CHASSIS build
A SWITCH BUILT JUST FOR YOUR NEXT INSTALLATION
AVProEdge offers the AC-MX1616-HDBT in 3 configurations. This product allows you to custom order your inputs and outputs so you can create the ultimate HDMI matrix switch. Any unused card slot will have a blank plate installed on it.
- If you want to buy the prebuilt 16×16 with lossless audio decoding click here
- If you want to buy the prebuilt 16×16 with 2 channel basic audio click here
Mix and match the input cards to create the ultimate video matrix system. The difference in the 2 cards is the ability to decode and down-mix Dolby ATMOS and DTS-HD and other surround sound formats or basic 2 channel audio into the matrixes analog outputs. Additionally when using the down-mixing input cards this only affects the analog outputs and HDBT output ports, the 8 mirrored HDMI ports pass the lossless audio, allowing you to distribute dolby ATMOS and DTS-HD through them.
Each card is 2 source inputs for a maximum of 8 input cards to make 16 inputs.
- Input A: HDMI
- Input B: HDMI
HDMI A will be mapped to an input on the matrix, IE Input 1, 3, 5, etc and HDMI B will be mapped to the next input on the matrix, IE Input 2, 4, 6 etc.
INPUT CARD INFORMATION AND OPTIONS
ADVM: This card can decode Dolby ATMOS, DTS-HD and other lossless audio formats and output them as stereo on the matrix analog audio and HDBT outputs.
This allows what ever source to be set to the highest possible audio and the card will down mix the audio.
PCM: This card can decode basic 2 channel stereo audio from your sources. The audio can be output of the matrix analog outputs and HDBT outputs.
You must set the source to 2 channel PCM. This is also great for inputs like camera NVRs, Control4 OSD etc.
OUTPUT CARD INFORMATION
Each card has 2 zone outputs for a maximum of 8 cards to make 16 outputs.
Output A will be mapped to an output on the matrix, IE Output 1, 3, 5 etc and output B will be mapped to the next output IE Output 2, 4, 6 etc.
Supporting the full HDMI 2.0 a/b specification and supporting every flavor of HDR, this matrix will ensure you can get the most out of any system. This matrix supports HDR formats Including HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, BBC and NHK. All of them are supported in up to 4K 60Hz and up to 12 Bit Deep Color. All color space compression is compat
KEY BENEFITS OF USING THE AC-MX1616-AUHD-HDBT-CHASSIS
Invisible Compression – ICT is a technology we developed to ensure 18Gbps distribution over standard category cable. That means what you put in is what you see on the screen. No need to worry about compression artifacts and banding like you find with other compression methods.
Ultimate HDR Support – This matrix supports all flavors of HDR in all formats. Including HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, BBC and NHK. All of them are supported in up to 4K 60Hz and up to 12 Bit Deep Color. All color space compressions are compatible.
Extreme EDID Management – With 29 on board EDID’s, including HDR EDID’s, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. It also has the ability to INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye EDID problems…
Front Panel Screen – Make setup a breeze! The front panel allows you to do basic setup including; EDID, Audio, Matrixing and network. All without connecting a PC or hooking anything up. This additional mode of control is a welcome resource on the job site.
Web GUI – Full matrix control is available on the internal WebOS – Simply plug the matrix into the network and punch in the default IP (192.168.1.239) or use DHCP to connect to a full control system! The Web GUI is designed with mobile devices in mind, so feel free to use you phone or tablet for real-time control.
Resolution Down Scaling – Are you installing a mix system with a combination of 4K and 1080p displays? No problem with this unit. The AC-MX1616-AUHD-HDBT-CHASSIS has built in down scalers throughout each HDBaseT output. You are able to downscale 4K to 1080p per output. This will ensure you never send a 4K signal to a display that isn’t able to process the picture.
Audio De-Embedding – Our unique Audio De-Embedding allows 16 digital coax outputs with support for 6CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, DTS. Extracted audio routing options include:
- Bind to output (extracted audio switches with the video, this is the default mode)
- Bind to input (extracted audio is fixed to the corresponding input by the same number)
- Independent (extracted audio can be routed however you like and there are commands to allow it to function as a separate matrix)
WHAT IS A MATRIX SWITCH?
- Definition – Matrix switchers provide the ability to route any input to any output or to multiple outputs at any time. Depending on the model, a matrix switcher can route HD, UHD or SUHD content in this manner. Additionally, since most venues have audio zones and video zones the requirement to breakout or strip off the audio in often necessary and has become almost a standard feature on matrix switches.
- Control – Matrix switches are generally controlled via 3rd party controller like Control 4, RTI, Crestron and others. Many integrators want ready made drivers for their control system to make programming and deployment easier.
- Who uses them? – At the heart of almost every custom install is a matrix switch to ease routing and distribution of signals throughout the install including Audio, Video and Control – so, you have a product that can compete on price, performance, compatibility, and control.
- Matrix Switches are used widely in both Commercial and Residential Applications