ROBOfiber SFP-7020-WA/WB 1Gb Simplex Fiber BiDi SFP Transceiver Set
Compatible with single mode or multi-mode fiber optic cable
– 10km / 6.2 mile max cable distance (single mode)
– 140m / 492 feet max cable distance (multi mode)
– Simplex LC connector
– 1000Mbps max data rate
The SFP-7020-WA/WB is a matched pair of BiDirectional single strand fiber Gigabit Ethernet / 1.25G rate SFP transceivers using a 1310nm wavelength laser and a 1550nm photo-diode and reaching up to 2Km distance. The SFP uses the so called WDM technology, that mixes two wavelengths simultaneously over same unique fiber strand. This technology is increasingly popular among telecom and service operators because of the huge savings in fiber plant, reducing the fiber load to half for almost no money.
When using WDM transceivers, they must always be matched in order to get a working fiber link. For instance, the SFP-7020-WA using Tx:1310/Rx:1550nm must be matched with SFP-7020-WB using Tx:1550nm/Rx:1310nm. For ease of understanding, transceivers are marked A and B and they must always be used together.
ROBOfiber transceivers have been tested for compatibility with a large variety of networking devices from well known brands like: Cisco, Juniper, Force10, Edge-Core, ZyXEL, D-Link and many others. The transceivers follow the industry standards of SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) and SFF-8472, making them directly interchangeable with any networking device following industry standards.
All standalone Gigabit media converters and switches can be equipped with miniGBIC/SFP optical modules.
- Sold as a set (matched pair)
- Hot-pluggable SFP 20-pin connector
- Compatible with single mode or multi-mode fiber optic cable
- Duplex LC connectors
- 1000Mbps max data rate
- 10km / 6.2 mile max cable distance (single mode)
- 140m / 492 feet max cable distance (multi mode)
- DOM support (Digital Optical Monitoring)
- WA = Tx: 1310nm / Rx:1550nm wavelength
- WB = Tx: 1550nm / Rx:1310nm wavelength
|Dimensions||6.5 × 0.5 × 1.5 in|